Alastair Kidd, Coach and Consultant
Alastair is a developmental coach, passionate about encouraging others to realise and surmount self-imposed boundaries, learning ways of being stronger, more effective, and measurably more successful. Coaching from a position of curiosity; often an inspiration and catalyst, through an independent and external lens, his focus is on the client’s agenda and outcomes.
Working with others at times of high impact change – critical stages of evolution, points of transition and opportunity, struggling with resistance or execution, needing to achieve growth or transformation – he enables individuals and organizations to achieve the success they desire, building new pathways of performance, awareness, resilience and authenticity.
Alastair’s style is down to earth, straight forward, and productive – challenging the status quo and stimulating behavioural growth. Skills such as attention, accountability, perseverance, systems thinking, sensitivity, humour, powerful questioning, influence and collaboration are used to achieve sustainable results. His approach is non-directive and emergent, deploying a variety of principles and techniques with “managed eclecticism” (Co-Active coaching, NLP, non-verbal communication, GROW, Transactional Analysis, Emotional Intelligence, leadership dynamics).
His combined strengths come from over 25 years in business including success in multiple functions and sectors, and exposure to varied cultures and geographies; along with over 10 years successful executive and business mentoring and coaching experience.
Logica, Philips, BT, ATOS Origin, Symbian, Baan, Kanbay, GE Money, HSBC, Morgan Stanley, Experian, First Data, Daiwa, DBS Bank, American Express, Penna, Qualcomm, JHP, Marsh
Areas of Expertise:
Coaching – executive, business, leadership; Team coaching, facilitation and alignment; Culture and values assessment and change; Merger and acquisition integration, Supporting new leaders.
Software and IT Services, Financial Services, Telecoms, Consumer Electronics, Public Sector.
Academic and Professional Qualifications:
- ICF Qualified Coach, ACC Accredited with the Association for Coaching, NLP Master Practitioner
- Psychometric qualified: BPS Level A/B; Bar-On EQi; Transactional Analysis 101 Certified; Hogan Development Survey; Saville WAVE 360
- Certification and Commendation in Group Dynamics Leadership
- Sample of Assignments:
- Strategy and planning workshop for finance and accounting partnership
- Strategy and operational plan workshop for financial services SaaS Cloud bureau start-up
- Delivering Leading in Troubled Times workshops to the management layer of a FTSE company
- Facilitating behavioural styles and team working for leadership team of local government think
- Workshop design and facilitation for Sales Effectiveness for Engineers
- Workshop design and delivery for Interim Management awareness / career change
- Executive, director and senior manager career transition in Finance and TMT/SITS sectors
- Management coaching for new managers in insurance sector